Thursday, February 14, 2013

Life goes on..... trying to be normal



The French triplets continue to grow and thrive and since we’re now at the 10 day point, I’m starting to relax just a little about their long term survival prognosis.  Katy continues to be a good foster mother and the 3 don’t seem to acknowledge that they’re a week smaller (and a smaller breed) than their Berger Picard “cousins.”  I hope to get up there on Sunday again to see them.  Work has been especially hectic for me so I have not seen them since Sunday other than an iPhone “face time” call with Dee last night. I’m normally a very hands on breeder so this is breaking my heart.  Pekoe, on the other hand, as recuperated well and doesn’t even seem to know she had pups – no milk, no mothering, no looking for them.

Several of you have contacted me wanting to know if you’ll be getting one of these pups.  Unfortunately at this point in time, I cannot say what pup will be going where.  I can’t even do that with full healthy litters until the eyes open and the BAER hearing test is complete.  As I’ve said before, I have no problem returning your deposit check if you do not wish to wait to find out or do not wish to wait for the next litter.  At this time, I only know of two other recent  litters in FL; one of 3 and one of 5.  The litter of 5 is all spoken for and I believe the litter of 3 is as well.

At this moment, my plans are to breed Eva (full sister to the sire of the French 3) to Ian in late March/early April. Eva is also UU LUA so the entire litter will be Uu – heterozygous low uric acid (just like the current litter).  This would have pups born in early June and going to new homes in early August.  I realize that this is longer than you’d hoped to wait but Mother Nature was not kind to me or Pekoe this go-round.

No comments:

Post a Comment