Monday, February 4, 2013

Not How We'd Planned

**I posted this yesterday but it seems to have disappeared?**

Sadly, yesterday we eneded up at Blue Pearl Emergency clinic yesterday for an emergency C section and spay.  We ended up with four survivors - two boys and two girls.  Pekoe had to stay overnight to get some of her vitals stablized.  And so we came to rely on the kindness of friends.  Fortunately, my friend Dee's Berger Picard bitch Katy had a liiter a week ago and was very accepting of my three wee ones.  She took them in like they were her own.

Despite the best efforts of Katy and myself, we lost the littlest girl early this AM.  My heart is breaking.... The other three are thriving.   We've decided to give them French names for now..., so we have Pierre, Jean Paul and Babette.  God speed Madeline...we barely knew you and you're gone too soon .

The news from Blue Pearl is that Pekoe's levels are stabilized and so after one more round of tests at 11, they'll decide if she needs a blood transfusion and if she can come home. 

3 comments:

  1. My heart is breaking for you and Pekoe. I hope she gets to go home very soon. How wonderful Katy is to take care of the babies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary-Lynn, we are so sorry to hear about this. As dog owners, it breaks our hearts, and you and Pekoe have been in our thoughts since yesterday afternoon. Our prayers go out to you, your family and Pekoe. We are so glad to hear that Pekoe is OK, and I hope that she will be home with you soon.

    Please let us know if there is anything we can do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for all the supportive comments and emails. Your kind words mean more to me than you know.

    ReplyDelete